Posted on October 9th, 2012 No comments
Got this note from from Dave Seibert and thought I would share it since he took the time to list all the links, Thx Dave!
Microsoft announces RTM of W12 Essentials. Several MS documents have also been revised or updated with the latest W12 Essentials information.
Here are a few highlights & linked docs to share with everyone:
* W12 Essentials is now in RTM. The downloadable bits are available from the Eval Center
* There is a virtual demo environment available online hands-on-lab http://online.holsystems.com/Software/holLaunchPadOnline/holLaunchPadOnline.application?eng=SBS2011&auth=none&src=SBS&altadd=true&labid=6253>
* W12 Essentials updated Licensing & Pricing FAQ’s W12 FAQ
http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/D/B/4DB352D1-C610-466A-9AAF-EEF4F4CFFF27/WS2012_Licensing-Pricing_FAQ.pdf> (see Q35-Q46)
* W12 Essentials updated Licensing Data Sheet
* Reference to the full W12 Essentials Product page
* Foundation Server 2012 licensing & pricing remain the same
On an overall note, most will recall that SBS information was posted individually for easy reading for SB focused partners. Now the Essentials information is listed within the Window Server 2012 Family documentation. I hope that Microsoft separates or makes it easier for us to follow Essentials progress.
SMB Technology Network, Executive VP!
IT Innovators, Inc.